A tooth extraction is an oral health treatment that results in the removal of a tooth, or multiple teeth if needs be. Although the wound left behind can seem minor, it is still important to take care of your mouth until they have fully healed.
Rest plenty after a tooth extraction. Here are a few tips about treating your smile following tooth extractions:
– Rest is of paramount necessity after any surgery, and tooth extractions are no different, no matter how minute the wound may seem.
– Never go beyond the administered dosage of medications given by your dentist.
– Your dentist has plenty of brilliant techniques for patients healing from tooth extraction that you can make use of.
– Although facial swelling is a normal side effect after a tooth extraction, ice packs and medications from your dentist can be used to help minimize the inflammation.
– Your dentist is a wonderful choice for information after your treatment phase should you need them for any reason regarding your recovery.
– To sidestep choking, do not drink or eat any meals until the anesthesia has worn off.
To prevent a prolonged tooth extraction recovery process, make sure you are following the proper treatment techniques for a healthy smile that can last a lifetime. If you would like Dr. Kenneth Kirk and our team at Houston Cosmetic & Family Dental Associates to bring you in for an oral exam or professional cleaning, please contact our dentist office in Spring, Texas, by calling us at 281-580-8848. Extractions can be conquered, so feel free to come see us today!